Wouldn’t you agree that warm nights and cool summer treats go hand in hand like sunscreen and chlorine? Are you team ice cream or team popsicle? We have a fun sweet treat to share with you that combines the best of both worlds- Fruit and Cream Pops! And if a sweet treat wasn't sweet enough scroll to the end to find a Lily Jade Giveaway + a list of simple entertaining indoor and outdoor activities to see us through summer.
Summer often offers the chance to slow down and spend time together. What better way to do that than including kids in the process of making something delicious? Let them wash the fruit and help measure ingredients. They get such satisfaction from helping create something they get to enjoy later.
The Recipe for these delicious Fruit and Cream Pops is as follows:
Blender + Popsicle Molds
2 cups of fresh or frozen fruit (we chose fresh mangoes for our recipe)
1 cup of milk of your choice
¾ cup of yogurt of your choice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbs sweetener of choice (optional)- you can use honey, agave, maple syrup or stevia
- Clean and dice up fruit.
- Place fruit along with the rest of the ingredients in blender
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into molds. Lightly tap on counter to expel any air bubbles.
- Freeze overnight (if you make in the morning, they may be ready for an after dinner treat)
- Before serving, thaw for a few minutes or run mold under lukewarm water to loosen pops. *Pops can be stored in an airtight container or freezer bag.*
This simple and delicious summertime recipe is definitely one that you will make over and over again.
BONUS: Below we created a list of both indoor summer activities with kids, and an outdoor list that will help keep those quarantine blues at bay. Also, visit our Lily Jade Pinterest page for more suggestions.Simple list of outdoor activities to do with kids:
- Make Chalk Mosaics! You can do this on the sidewalk, driveway, fence, or even garage door! See a few examples here on our Summer Fun Pinterest board.
- Explore Wet Chalk or DIY “Puffy Paint” Sidewalk Art- Get the kids’ swimsuits, and head outside for this fun art project.
- Make Homemade Giant Bubbles! Such a quick way to whip up hours of fun!
- Water Gun Painting- kids will get a kick out of using squirt guns to paint a fun abstract piece of art.
- Making paper airplanes- set up targets for your little ones to aim at for instant fun
- Reuse Easter eggs and make a sorting or puzzle game for little ones.
- Make a sweet treat in the kitchen! Pick up your ingredients with a trip to the Farmers' Market .
In honor of Summer Fun, we will be hosting a giveaway on our @lilyjadeco Instagram page starting July 27th- August 3rd, GIVING AWAY product throughout the week as you tag us in your stories or on your feed sharing your summer fun, tips, tricks, mom-hacks, and activities that you are doing with your family and friends.
Tag @lilyjadeco in your stories or on your page when you are sharing a summer fun idea, giving a suggestion, sharing a recipe, and or featuring the activity.
Use the hashtag #ljsummerfun
You can post as many times as you would like and we will contact you personally if you are a winner. Have fun and enjoy!